Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Life Update

Washington DC

Hey Fellas,
Just wanted to tap everyone into my life...

Things like...as of Sunday, my metro fare increased .55 cents per ride!! That means I'm getting bent over for $3.20 a frigin ride now! I mean, the proposed hike was 30 cents. 30 fuckin' cents. And I'm paying 55. Someone in the metro office deserves a cool punch to the junk. Not to mention, on the first day I had to pay these higher fares, not only did my train completely lose power in the middle of a tunnel (all trains on that line did that day because of a ground fault problem) I was stuck on a train with no less than 20 whining 8 year olds on there way to see a Hannah Montana Concert. OMFG! Is punching children really that big a deal? I think not. If I had to hear "Mom, I don't think we are gonna make it in time!" for one more second, I would have had to officially start a new football league. One in which children where used for punts and general field goal/kickoff plays. Maybe my league would really be more like rugby. A good drop kick to an 8 year old, right through the uprights.....and it's good. To add insult to injury, when I finally got off at my stop. Not only was one escalator broken, but all of them in the station were broken. 85 steps later and I was finally out on solid ground with all the crazies screaming in spanish and asking for my change. Boy is DC great somedays. I love this city.As of this past weekend also, I have purchased my flight to Boston come that faithful weekend in February. I'm not staying for the Foo Fighters sadly, but I will be getting in Fri afternoon. So I expect nothing but good times.And a final revelation for the day... April 19th is my birthday. April 19th is the Blue and Gold game. Coincidence? I think not. Honestly, what do you have to do that weekend.


Peace and much love guys.

- Blenk

4 comments:

ND Arkie said...

there will be many good times had in boston. not only will we have the famous burgers. we will not only hit up 'the tap' and attempt to go home with another waitress, but we will also taste the special brews of pat and hal. oh and we will also go out three nights in a row, full of drinking, dancing, merriment, and akward moments created by us all!

ND Arkie said...

How could anyone turn that down?
Tommy

Floro said...

great to hear you're going brandon...and I don't know what I will have to do in april hmmmm....

shotty on a waitress/ bartender


if she has a boyfriend I will make sure to tell her Hal was interested

carry on gents

Munger said...

i love you all.