Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pretty Pretty Pretty Nicky

Washington, DC
So shortly after leaving one of our favorite chill out spots in Adams Morgan, I found that Greg had pulled ahead with the three lovely ladies who would be staying over that evening. While crossing through the darkest part of our journey, Jeff and I accompanied by my friend Pete here a voice which we distinctively hear say, "Watch this." Out from the darkness appears a man who says "Hey man how you doin? You fellas havin' a good night? Cause that's excellent man." Seeing as none of us had consumed fewer than 10 drinks thus far, chatting with this man seemed fairly normal. Conversation led this man to say "Hey, we friends now right?" To which I respond, "Sure bud, I guess we are." To which I was quickly rebutted with, "How can we be friends if you don't even know my name!?" "I'm sorry man, what's your name?" "Hell, I'm Pretty Nicky." "Haha what?" "Pretty Nicky man...come here and give me a hug." Shocked into stiffness, this man quickly descended upon me wrapping me up and giving me a hug. My only thoughts were, "Damn it. This guys gonna try and take my wallet...oh jesus now I smell like aqua velva and cocoa butter." (A fact which the next morning I realized was more true than I had initially thought.) Fortunately I was able to walk away having survived my first homeless man hug...and with a new friend in DC none the less! But, if you are ever find yourself walking home in the dark through the intersection at Columbia Road and 16th, don't walk alone, and be sure to stop and give Pretty Nicky a hug...tell him Brandon sent ya...then check for you wallet.

-Blenk

No comments: