Monday, March 31, 2008

I Remeber a time when Rough Ryders stood for something.

So I forgot to post this article I read a little over a week ago. Props to HolyTaco.com for even bringing it to my attention...being that I don't often catch XXL magazine.


"Hey who's that white guy wastin' my flava?"


Recently DMX was interviewed by XXL Magazine. Apparently Rough Rider 1 has been just too busy pulling kick ass wheelies on his atv while blaring Aretha Franklin to follow recent world news. No? Doesn't sound right? Maybe he was too busy eating a really really good peanut butter and banana sandwhich? Most likely he has been living under a rock, stopping by to visit his career before coming back to lay down possibly the single best commentary ever written about this years looming elections.

From HolyTaco.com : "(Warning: You are about to read the greatest interview of all time.)"

XXL Magazine: Are you following the presidential race?
DMX:
Not at all.

You’re not? You know there’s a Black guy running, Barack Obama and then there’s Hillary Clinton.
His name is Barack?!

Barack Obama, yeah.
Barack?!

Barack.
What the f*** is a Barack?! Barack Obama. Where he from, Africa?

Yeah, his dad is from Kenya.
Barack Obama?

Yeah.
What the f***?! That ain’t no f***in’ name, yo. That ain’t that nigga’s name. You can’t be serious. Barack Obama. Get the f*** outta here.

You’re telling me you haven’t heard about him before.
I ain’t really paying much attention.

I mean, it’s pretty big if a Black…
Wow, Barack! The nigga’s name is Barack. Barack? Nigga named Barack Obama. What the f***, man?! Is he serious? That ain’t his f***in’ name. Ima tell this nigga when I see him, “Stop that bullshit. Stop that bullshit” [laughs] “That ain’t your f***in’ name.” Your momma ain’t name you no damn Barack.

So you’re not following the race. You can’t vote right?
Nope.

I hope everyone here found that to be as engaging as I did. I mean, honestly, they say rap music has been a player in the destruction of our youth. But I wash my hands of this and see no harm.

- Blenk

2 comments:

Munger said...

amazing.

Brad said...

Thank heavens that DMX said what everyone else in America was already thinking. I've always regarded his thoughts and statements as an accurate approximation of the American people as a whole.