Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back in the High Life Again

So I was just strolling through my office bound Trader Joe's over my lunch break. As I pulled the door open, I was greeted with a cold rush of air but that was not all. Playing at what I admired as a slightly louder than normal volume, Steve Winwood's sweet song bird of a voice filled my ears. I was instantly rushed back through years of happy thoughts and wonderful wishes. Ahhhh. For a moment, I thought it was true..."We'll be back in the high life again." Suddenly I was confronted with the bleak truth that I was in a friggid underground grocery store, only halfway through a sloppy Wednesday of work. But that wasn't going to get me down. I continued on, grinning ear to ear, with my quart of milk in hand, dreaming of the High Life again.
Btw, why don't we all already own one of these? I may have to work on that. Hope you all like red on your birthdays.

-Blenk

No comments: